6 innovative cocktails to woo every kind of drinker at your next house party
Raise the bar with these innovative cocktails—spanning whisky, vodka, tequila, gin, rum and sparkling wine—that you can easily make at home
As the festive season draws closer, you might not be able to make grand plans to party until midnight, thanks to the pandemic restrictions, but what you can definitely do is plan a smashing night in. This might also be a good time to start brushing up on your cocktail-shaking and stirring skills so you can earn bragging rights at your house parties and become mixologist de facto going forward. From gin, wine and vodka to whisky, rum and tequila—whatever your poison, we’ve got a cocktail for you.
Move over gin and tonic, how about some gin and tea instead? Caitlin Hill, brand ambassador of The Botanist Gin, has created this light and refreshing cocktail using boutique gourmet tea brand Celeste's Gold Rush green tea, which is a blend of honey, tonic water, lemon juice, mint, marigold (botanical name tagetes), chamomile and rosemary. “The chamomile in the green tea complements the chamomile in the gin and enhances the citrus and menthol notes in the spirit,” says Hill.
- 50 ml The Botanist Gin
- 100 ml CELES TE’s Gold Rush green tea, brewed and cooled
- 25 ml honey
- 20 ml fresh lemon juice
- 100-150 ml tonic water
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Brew the tea, add honey and set aside to cool.
- Combine the gin, lemon juice and mint leaves in a glass and give it a good muddle.
- Add ice, the brewed tea and honey mixture, and stir.
- Top it up with tonic water and garnish with mint leaves and a marigold flower.